Going into the 21st century, LAI continued to gain recognition and won several awards including:
- Lockheed Martin Corporate STAR Supplier Award (2001)
- Raptor of Distinction Award from Lockheed Martin (2004)
- Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing U.S. Private Company Award (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Northrop Grumman Platinum Supplier Award (2008)
- Ace Corporate Excellence Awards (2008, 2009)
- World's first Nadcap certified company for conventional machining (2010)
- Fabricator's FAB 40 Award for Most-Successful U.S. Metal-Fabricating Company (2010, 2011)
- Outstanding Manufacturer of the Year by Arizona Manufacturers Council (2011)
In 2007, LAI acquired Rich Technology International which became the LAI Northeast location in Scarborough, Maine. Founded in 1960, Rich Tool & Die Co. was a contract manufacturing company that developed and manufactured machines for the aerospace, medical, power generation, and electronics sectors. The company offered material processing machines for clean cutting, welding, profile machining and holes drilling. It also offered EDM machines and fixtures.
In 2012, RLJ Equity Partners acquired LAI International, and the company earned the Minority Business Enterprise Certification.