POSITION: Supplier Quality Engineer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: DOQ Quality Manager, or DOQ and dotted line to Site Leader, Site Quality Leader
Integrates suppliers into LAI processes and champions the integration of Lean Six Sigma into supplier activity using PPAP process and LAI ADP to enable the lowest total cost supplier.
Drives supplier data driven decisions through the application of problems solving tools, statistics and DOEs. Interfaces with all functions with suppliers and within the LAI organization and customers. Reviews defective and nonconforming materials and coordinates, documents and communicates corrective actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES May Include
- Collaborate with customers regarding quality requirements during contract review and flow down requirements to suppliers.
- Develop and documents standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Incoming Inspection, special process certification and supplier monitoring.
- Utilize LAI ERP and quality system for MRB activities, tracking and mentoring fellow Associates in effective root cause and corrective action.
- Flowing down AIAG and customer PPAP documents and requirements.
- Perform qualifying and ongoing supplier audits.
- Supplier development, approval, and monitoring.
- Facilitate supplier data sharing to LI Big Data database
- Implement and monitor supplier report cards and reviews.
- Implement supplier certification and dock to stock methods with data surveillance.
- Embrace lean methodologies of standard work, mistake-proofing, and many other tools.
- Champion data drive methodologies to non-performing suppliers in Lean and Six Sigma.
OTHER POTENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform Site representative activities.
Direct activities of inspectors/quality technicians
Performs other related duties as requested.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- Previous supplier certification, data drive process, and Dock to Stock implementation.
- Preferred Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Ability to effectively lead teams though the use Root Cause Analysis and corrective actions using 8D, DMAIC, and other tools.
- Lean Six Sigma experience in fundamental tools for data driven solutions.
- Ability to utilize geometric tolerances, statistical process control required.
- Must be a US citizen.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with multiple complex issues simultaneously.
- Skills to analyze data to identify top issues using standard problem solving tools and statistics.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability and familiarity with changing and maintaining an organizational culture which is client and Associate focused. Must be able to model and lead others in a caring and fair manner.
TRAVEL - Extensive travel is required to support suppliers.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED - None.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION - None
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED - Computers, various software programs, Excel file, databases, and Manufacturing MT&E (Measurement & Test Equipment).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk, see and hear. The Associate must occasional lift/move up to 15 pounds, bend, stoop or crouch.
Able and willing to drive and willing to travel by air, to other LAI sites, customers, etc. as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in office setting.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and desire for this position, please click below to fill out the Career Interest Form