LAI International, Inc. is the ideal partner for additive manufacturing of hi-tech components for the aerospace, energy and industrial sectors.
Additive Manufacturing is the process of joining materials to make objects from 3D Model data, usually layer upon layer, as opposed to subtractive manufacturing technologies.
EBM (Electron Beam Melting) is a powder bed fusion additive manufacturing technology which uses an electron beam to melt consecutive layers of metal powder to create parts.
Freedom of Design
- Additive Manufacturing can produce objects impossible by subtractive conventional methodologies
- Increasing object complexity does not increase production costs
- Weight savings
- Lead time reduction
- Part count reduction
- Minimized/integrated tooling
- WIP Optimization
- Bulk mechanical properties superior to casting
Design & Structural Optimization for Performance
- Additive Manufacturing enables weight to be reduced by topological optimization
- Integration of multiple part numbers into a single part
- Mesh and lattice structures create flexible and unique structural characteristics
- Designs which compliment post processing steps
- Significant scrap rate reduction compared to traditional casting
EBM parts offer competitive mechanical properties and make economical rough part costs. Unique advantages of the EBM process allows for exceptional atmosphere control as the vacuum environment reduces external contamination risks, as well as an elevated temperature powder bed to eliminate residual stress while building.